Saturday, January 9, 2010

Taking my thoughts captive!

"Take every thought cative to the obedience o fChrist" 2 Corinthians 10:5


Take every thought ... every little thought, captive. Satan has been putting some mighty thoughts into my head today. Thoughts of this situation I'm in just getting worse, making me THINK there is no hope, that not even God can change whats going on. Did you read that right? Satan is making me believe GOD can not do something. Typing it is like a 2x4 hitting me in the head. OF COURSE God can change any situation. MY God is bigger and better than anything Satan could ever dream of being. MY God is greater than he that is in the world! Take every thought, even if its an "innocent" thought, dont linger on it! Dont believe the lies that Satan tries to tell you and make you believe... the only one you need to believe is God. The ever faithful God!


So take every thought CAPTIVE ... dont let Satan control your thoughts. I read something by Kay Arthur and she says "Take every thought captive so satan cant take you captive by your thoughts". So when that nasty, stupid, ridiculous thought comes into your mind, you dismiss it ... proclaiming Gods truth and not satans lies. Because if you dont, Satan is going to take you captive and Kay Arthur describes it this way "Pretty soon you will be face down in the dirt with his combat boot holding you down" ... Picture it, Satans combat boot pressed firmly against your head holding your face into the dirt .. not letting you up, no matter how badly you want to get up and punch him in the nose! (or someone else I wont mention on a family oriented blog!) lol.


Its not just to protect us from his evil schemes but its to be in obedience to Christ. God wants to keep us as pure as possible, as holy as we can be, because in order for us to be Christlike .. we have to be Christlike .. that means keeping our thoughts captive. God said that even if you just think about killing a man .. its like you have already done so. So when a thought comes into your mind ... dismiss it, call Satan out on trying to take you captive and proclaim the Truth of God!


Now for me specifically ... wow this is definately something I needed to reflect on. On the way home from church Satan kept trying to put thoughts into my head, trying to get me discouraged and take back my stand. My stand to do what is right, my stand to team up with God to get things done in my life. If I let Satan take me captive with my thoughts, I could become so incredibly overwhelmed with certain thoughts that I wouldnt be able to function, but I'm not going to. I'm not going to let my circumstances determine my joy, I'm not going to let anything steal my joy. Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment