Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Battlefield of Motherhood

Motherhood is exactly that sometimes ... a freakin' Battlefield! LOL No wonder they tell you to choose your battles. But what battles do you choose and which ones do you just let go? How do demand respect from your child as well? Demand obedience? I want to raise our daughter to be a God fearing woman whose one goal in life is to do HIS will and serve him wholeheartedly. But how do I raise a Godly child when I cant even get to pick up her toys, go to bed or obey me any other time without talking harshly (which she says is screaming) ... or screaming at her? Its like my blood boils over sometimes because she just ... will ... not ... listen!

I try to be calm, to "conduct myself in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ" (Phillipians 1:27) but dang it is just so hard with how she acts! "Karsten go to sleep" ... "Karsten be quiet and go to sleep" ... "Karsten stop playing, be still, be quiet and GO TO SLEEP" ... Over and over and over again ...

Can someone PLEASE help me out?! lol I need some wise counsel please, because I cannot do this on my own! lol

3 comments:

  1. It's a tough one. Try " Karsten I need you to do ___." And then give her lots of praise and positive reinforcement when she does what you want like "thank you for being quiet and going to sleep the first time I asked. You are really getting to be such a big girl! I'm so proud of you for listening like I asked you to do!" Motherhood is not for the weary. Persistence and consistency are everything!

    Would you mind if I added your blog to my blog list? Here is mine too if you are interested. http://marathonmom26point2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really need that book called 123 magic! They have it for Christian moms also I think. In part of the book it talks about how kids looove to subconsciously love to see us scream and get all frustrated with them. It's their way of having the upper hand. It's really really good...its worth the $ and you can use my B&N discount if you live close to one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this one, Laurie...I know exactly how frustrating it can be! You are so not alone!

    ReplyDelete